Re: [xml-dev] Create a special purpose programming language, in XML, using state transitions

> Thank you ! Ok Its been *so long* since I wrote in Fortran and Assembler that I conveniently forgot the COME BACK part.
> So yes huge difference.  Still doesnt make my head hurt less though ... because unlike most polymorphic calls,
> a typical XSLT (to my limited experience) is more like a single method call with 10000 overloads.
> so to me I see "CALL RANDOM(1 to 10000 )" .... :)
> There MUST be a way of making more sense of it all.

No, don't try to make sense of it, that way lies madness. Relax and let go. The whole point is that you don't need to know how each element is going to be processed, you let someone else take care of that. Separation of concerns: I'll make sure the elements are processed, someone else can work out what to do with them. And if new kinds of element come along in the future, I don't have to worry.

Michael Kay
Saxonica