Re: [xml-dev] Re: Topic Maps - current state of the art?

Might I also suggest that the whole 'semantic web' / linked data is a
slightly more modern and possibly even more complete stack to deal
with similar kinds of problems, that is organizing data using
relationships.
The semantic layer cake seems to have all the equivalent standards to
topic maps, for example the triple at it's core to represent the
connections and serialization formats like RDF-XML (which again is a
bit verbote and not that easy to work with), Turtle, N3 etc

In my view there is nothing wrong with Topic Maps and they solve the
very kind same kind of problem that linked data promises to solve, but
I would advise to start learning RDF, SPARQL and OWL, if you're just
beginning to embark on the journey, simply because it is much more
widely used.

Lech Rzedzicki