Re: [xml-dev] RE: XML As Fall Guy

Lost me sorry

I was referring to notion that tenders are incapable of producing a good result with software 'procurement'. An iterative process allowing for refinement of a solution (prototyping, code-as-design), that allows developers and domain experts to learn from each other, is the antithesis of 'procurement'.

All this discussion of logistics and quality control, engines, brakes etc. misses the point that I've tried to make that *software is different*, drawing analogies is actually dangerous (but something done all the time in our minds). I believe that you cannot separate the design from the production of software in any meaningful way.  Yes, TDD is quality control but aren't the tests software that have to be designed!

Steve