Re: [xml-dev] RE: XML As Fall Guy

Hi Len,

Interesting that you should choose breeding as an analogy. I started out my working life as a plant-breeder, and so perhaps at a sub-conscious level I still think that way. That 'solutions' are selected from a pool of segregating variations after making  judicious selection of 'elite' parents, but acknowledging our ignorance of the 'real-world' by performing field trials to gather data for such comparison of segregants to be meaningful, an exercise often done over several years and sites.

Steve.