Taking a cue from Microsoft Word

Hi Folks,

Today I opened Microsoft Word and typed a document.

In the course of typing the document I used a word that MS Word did not understand. Word put a red squiggly line under it. I right-mouse clicked on the word and selected "Add to Dictionary." From that point on Word recognized that new word. Also in the course of typing my document I misspelled a word. I right-mouse clicked on the misspelled word and MS Word presented to me a list of possible words from which I selected the correctly spelled word.

Wow!

MS Word is an intelligent system: through my interaction it continually expands its knowledge.

That is a fantastic thing.

Imagine a similar capability in an XML editor. The editor understands my XML vocabulary: it has an XML Schema. I type my XML document. When I use an element that the editor does not understand it puts a red squiggly line under it. I right-mouse click on it and select "Add to XML Schema" which results in modifying the XML Schema with the new element. When I err, the editor underlines the incorrect element with a red squiggly line. I right-mouse click on the erroneous element and the editor shows me a list of possible correct elements from which I select one.

That would be neat.

/Roger