Re: [xml-dev] Parsing XML with anything but

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:

We can complain all we want about the poor professional state of developers as we understand it, but it's the raw reality, and we can either make it easier for them to do the right thing, or keep on tsk tsking at them from here.

So let's pick on recruiters instead then. Conversation I had last week with an agent who had contacted me via Linkedin for a Data Science role.

Agent: Actually I don't think you'd be right for this role, you're more of a web developer.
Me (indignant at never having been so insulted): I am not a web developer. What makes you think I am.
Agent: Right here on your CV it says Semantic Web Developer.
Me(still indignant): That is not web development.
Agent: Ok what is then.
Me: Actually it's er ...well um ....yes ..er.......Grrrr!