Re: [xml-dev] Parsing XML with anything but

On 12/9/13 6:48 PM, Gareth Oakes wrote:
On 10/12/2013 8:08 am, "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

I hate to interrupt this episode of "other programmers are so stupid,"
but this story does its best to shove blame in a lot of unwarranted
directions without recognizing that the rest of the world may have a
point.
I think you might have grabbed the wrong end of the stick. I don't posit
that other programmers are stupid. I don't posit that XML and regex's are
dumb. My anecdote is only that, based on real life observations, and I am
purposefully not applying any form of judgment.
Condescension doesn't count as judgment? You laid it on awfully thick - "some beginner course you googled up. You don’t have the inclination, patience or capability to fully understand your language of choice."

Seriously. Stop before you write that again about anyone, much less whole categories of less enlightened programmers.

Of course, perhaps I'm oversensitive to XML folks not taking web developers and other programmers seriously, because we've shot ourselves in the head that way a few thousand times before.

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/