Re: [xml-dev] XML vocabulary for expressing constraints?

On 13/12/13 18:26, Liam R E Quin wrote:

I can't easily say, using RDF,
http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Aubrey-HistoryOfEngland-Vol2/pages/438-detail-Portrait-of-King-Henry-VIII/#fg=%237929ce_bg=none
is an image of a wood-engraving depicting King Henry VIII. of England
which has been coloured purple.

To do that I need URIs for King Henry and for England and for purple, as
opposed to URIs for Web pages about those things.

The HTTP Range discussion I mentioned was an attempt to say that a # on
the end of a URI meant you were using the URI as a surrogate for a
person (or was it the absence of a #? I forget).

Hope this helps.

Liam

Can't you? Surely at some level, the content of the <a/> element COULD do this?

Is anyone still around who brought SGML into HTML and might recall what
the intent was of this form?

regards

--
Dave Pawson