RE: [xml-dev] How many XML languages are produced each year?

I wonder how large the union language would be. I have vague ideas of
what I mean by "large" and "union", but I'm guessing y'all have talked
about those sorts of things a lot before and have come up with more
concrete and possibly controversial opinions about it.

I wonder how often the same language has been invented inadvertently.
What I mean by "same" is that there's some kind of minimal grammar that
would describe one of these invented instance documents, and it just so
happened that someone else created an entirely different instance
document that would be recognized by the same minimal grammar. I'm sure
y'all have discussed at least the "minimal grammar" bit.

mag

> Do you have an estimate of how many XML languages are written and put
into use annually?

A few million. Most of them probably have only a single instance
document and no specification.

Michael Kay
Saxonica