Re: [xml-dev] parsing markup with Perl

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:49:50 -0500
Michael Sokolov <msokolov@safaribooksonline.com> wrote:

> Hi Shlomi,
>
> thanks for explaining the difference between Perl's and formal regular
> expressions (and for the rest of your post).  I actually do know what
> formal regular expressions are, but your explanation was illuminating
> even if you didn't think my jokes were funny.

I'm glad you found it illuminating. Just note that I may have gotten some of
the historical facts wrong, because I was speaking to the best of my
knowledge. No Strings Attached™ and please don't cite what I said on
the Wikipedias because it wasn't a Reliable Source™. ;-) [1]

Regarding getting the joke - often humour gets lost in writing, and, plus,
I'm especially susceptible to this I think (but not sure).

> I do just want to point out that the blog post you dug up (I did too!)
> was Simon's, not mine.

Which blog post and by dug up do you mean "found" or do you mean "liked" (as in
"I totally dig chocolate chip cookies."), or something else? Sorry, but I
sometimes have problems understanding such idioms (and I'm not a native
speaker of English).

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

[1] - that was an attempt at a joke, but naturally, I was serious.