RE: [xml-dev] Terminology (was: RFC for XML Object Parsing)

Arjun,

This is a good study up in caching: http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/    It says:
If no validator (an ETag or Last-Modified header) is present on a response, and it doesn't have any explicit freshness information, it will usually — but not always — be considered uncacheable.

This article breaks it down real well also: http://newestindustry.org/2006/10/03/using-client-side-cache-solutions-and-server-side-caching-configurations-to-improve-internet-performance/    I agree with this author that it is proper to distinguish between server side caching and client side caching.

It took me over a decade to put this work together - No exaggeration.  Check it out - don't trip over some strange new word that for lack of proper terminology is being analogously described.

Brian