RE: [xml-dev] RFC for XML Object Parsing

Chris said,
>Does your skin color come before or after your eye color?
> Does your given name come before or after your family name?
> Some properties are ordered; some are not. Trying to insist on order
> for the unordered will lead to pain, and ditto vice versa.

It seems to me - that in the majority of applications if attribute order was suddenly preserved things would not break, however as you say, there must be some application that "depends" on dis-ordered attributes.  Perhaps this is why the world is not allowed to consider being ordered - we have become dependent on dis-order.

>>>Brian said,  [...] If the world was to increment the XML spec
>>Liam said, Unlikely, I'm afraid...

maybe we, as the world, could not handle such a change.  In Sweden in 1967 people changed from driving on the left side of the road to driving on the right side of the road but in 2014 we don't dare consider ordering attributes - because the change in social operation might cause international chaos to prevail.  It could be like Y2K all over again, just imagine what Y10K will be like - perhaps we should plan to order attributes during Y10K and handle all this chaos at the same time in XML 2.0

Brian