Build applications using the "simplicity stack"

Hi Folks,

Paul Tyson describes the "simplicity stack" he uses to build applications:

	In my role as a short-order IT cook, I select the
 	simplest tool for the task at hand, starting with
	Emacs (for single-shot data manipulation) and
	moving up to bash, sed, awk, and XSLT.

	A common solution that I use it to get data via
	SQL or sparql, go to XML either with XSLT's
	unparsed-text() and tokenize() functions or awk,
	and further processing with XSLT. If I've exhausted
	the simplicity stack and must look at Perl or Java I
	usually find I've misunderstood the problem or
	taken the wrong design.

	In my role as webapp developer, nothing but
	XML+XSLT will do.

What is your simplicity stack?

/Roger