Re: [xml-dev] Build applications using the "simplicity stack"

Related to the current 'Data is primary .... why?' thread, once you have your carefully crafted data-model what can you with it?

Thinking in terms of a simplicity stack of non-mutually-exclusive options (cost-effectiveness is a better notion, simple might not be cost-effective in the long term, one option should build on another if possible).

The combination of a data-model in XML Format (schema) and XML technologies is a powerful combination at the bottom of the stack, here are some expressions:

1) Schema Generated Forms (XML Editors)
2) Configuration for a data-driven/data-event programming paradigm.
3) Schema-aware "dynamic" language procedural programming before fully object-oriented.
4) Smarter generic data-browsers (query interfaces) via schemas as resource 'meta-representations'.
5) Smart (user-friendly) databases based on a conceptual/semantic data-models.

Steve

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Arjun Ray <arjun.ray@verizon.net> wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 10:21:13 +0000, "Costello, Roger L."
<costello@mitre.org> wrote:

|       (Paul Tyson) In my role as webapp developer, nothing but
|       XML+XSLT will do.
|
| What is your simplicity stack?

I'm not a 'webapp devloper", so as far as XML enters into the picture,
my simplicity stack starts with getting data _out_ of XML as soon as
possible.

XML may be useful at the periphery, to move (structured) data between
systems.  But I keep the business end of the logic XML-free.