Re: [xml-dev] Percentage of web services supporting XML versus JSON

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:04 AM, William Velasquez <wvelasquez@visiontecnologica.com> wrote:

Does anybody know the format used in our brains to store information?

Is it JSON, XML, ASN.1 or any other?

It would be nice if we just can avoid data transformations and just transfer data from our brains to bits in a computer and the way back.

Would it?! I'd say certainly not!

Until that, all markup languages will be based on (incomplete) abstractions.

Of course what's in our brains are incomplete abstractions as well (Gestalt FTW!). It';s incomplete abstractions all the way down.

That’s the reason the different markup languages should sit together to settle their differences.

I'd say to the extent that I understand where you're going with the above it expresses reasons why different data languages (ASN.1 and JSON for example are not markup languages) should absolutely not sit together to do any such thing.

We, the creators of systems and applications, are afraid that in the next 2 years a new “final” format appear and then we’ll have to rewrite all our code to support it.

Not me, and I suspect not most people at least on this list. I'm pretty sure there will never be anything like a final format.

Unless, that is, that's how you choose to characterize the configuration of neurons in a brain frozen immediately upon death.

--
Uche Ogbuji                                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira                  http://zepheira.com