Re: [xml-dev] need help / insight on parsing some xml with vb6

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I've been finding and learning code but having limited success and always having questions. I know where I am and where I need to be, but have questions on how to get there.

The code that you provided was helpful and here is what I did attached to a button click...

Dim objXML As New MSXML2.DOMDocument
Dim NodeList As MSXML2.IXMLDOMNode
 Dim xNode As MSXML2.IXMLDOMNode

objXML.async = False
objXML.Load ("C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Desktop\new xml test aop.xml")
'objXML.Load ("c:\users\BillGates\Documents\competition.xml")

Set NodeList = objXML.selectSingleNode("/ArrayOfCompetition/Competition/EventName")

   For Each xNode In NodeList
                Print xNode.Text

 Next

Getting an error "Object doesn't support this property or method" at this line:

 For Each xNode In NodeList    'error is on this line

               Print xNode.Text
  Next

Thoughts on what is causing the error?

Tom