Re: [xml-dev] XEXPR

I'm not very knowledgable of XQueryX, but form I interpret from glancing at the spec.... I would never use this.... Xqib I could see of bring of more use than XQueryX.

I was more so referring to the concept of the syntax to be of add on... As a group of syntax that can be use in xslt and xQuery programing(with or with the angle bracket for a more concise typing choice). It doesn't even have to be adopted into to xslt or xQuery spec; just a reference link to this spec(after revising and editing the current spec of XEXPR).

Example:

XSLT:

<xel:while test="xPath expression[condition]">
    <xel:do>
        <xsl:value-of select="xPath expression" />
    </xel:do>
</xel:while>

<!-- Not the same as a choose-when-otherwise instruction. This will loop. Yes we have the for-each instruction, but this is more of a set deal-->

XQuery:

for $x in (xPath expression)

xel:while (xPath expression[condition])

xel:do (<h1>{expression}</h1>)

(: it's rough, but in hope in just conveying my vision to you :)

----end of example----

I do not aim to offend xQueryx with my early remark toward it.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

E-S4L