RE: [xml-dev] Visualization of XML Data trees

Sorry for making my question so "general" and "Abstract", but what what I was thinking that something so general and abstract could exists.

I have a particular use case: Navigating the collection of schemas in the UBL specification (is a long hierarchy of processes, documents, agreegates, entities, etc), but maybe is extensible to other use cases, like navigating documents, extense product catalogs, organization charts, or something similar.

The problem with the Tree View (in desktop or Web enviroments) is that it requires too many user clicks to get where he wants to go. The more deep the hierarchy, the more clicks the user has to perform.

I also admit that this could be  a question for a UX group, but as we work with trees of data, it looks like a problem here.

Until now, the first alternative I found is the BaseX GUI ( http://basex.org/products/gui/ ). It represents elements as boxes inside boxes, The ancestors are bigger and the children smaller.

Am i clearer know?

William David Velásquez
Director de I+D