Re: [xml-dev] Catalog Resolver for XSD and XSLT

I think you are asking about how to do this in the Java world - the answer for .NET might be quite different.

Frankly, JAXP is very disjointed for this kind of thing: it's a collection of separate APIs for different tasks, with little thought about how they might be combined.

With the Saxon API you can do the schema validation as you parse the document on its way into the transformation. Using s9api it's essentially:

Processor p = new Processor();
XsltExecutable exec = p.newXsltCompiler().compile(stylesheet);
XsltTransformer t = exec.load();
t.setSchemaValidationMode(ValidationMode.STRICT);
t.transform(source, destination);

No mention here of a catalog resolver, but you can use one if you want.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@saxonica.com
+44 (0) 118 946 5893