XML, W3C and the Digital humanities

We at the World Wide Web Consortium (publisher of XML, XSLT, XQuery, oh and HTML and CSS) have for some time been hosting public community groups.

I wondered at Balisage last year whether anyone would like to be involved in such a group for he needs of people working in digital humanities and related fields. In particular, is there anyone who might be interested in facilitating such a group (or at least being the initial chair)?

I had in mind things like
* gathering resources, including examples and tutorials, perhaps using the group's Wiki pages; I was thinking primarily of XQuery at the time because of the context in which the idea arose, but there's no need to be so restrictive;
* input to the work on digital publishing going on at W3C;  direct involvement in general requires W3C Membership to join the publishing interest group, but indirect involvement, such as a focus for commenting on drafts and on requirements, would be really useful both to participants and to the authors of the drafts;

Contact me directly if you are interested, or respond to this message on the list here to discuss the idea or say how bad or good it is :-)

Anyone is free to start such a CG, but it might succeed the best if there's some momentum at the start.

Liam