Re: [xml-dev] Create recursive data models! Top-down data modelsare boring and lacking in power

Hi Roger,

> That is a massively recursive data model. And it is way cool.

And potentially very messy down to useless, in the example that you cite. You will then have to recreate what you call the "top-down" arrangement by invoking a separate constraint set, doubling the effort and increasing the complexity.

Besides, I don't think it's sensible to oppose "top-down" and "recursive". Recursive can be top-down all right. Consider using the terms "recursive" vs.... "non-recursive" ;-)

Best regards,

Piotr