Re: [xml-dev] What is the general direction you are seeing these daysto store and query lots of large complex XML?

I just discovered  (by way of an abort) that there  is  a 64k limit on the number of distinct element and attribute names you can have in an eXist database and so am moving over to trial MarkLogic.

Generally I have found that compacting the size and number of nodes in your XML can mitigate the onset of the dreaded heap space error but such techniques can only take you so far especially when  querying across collections.

I have large, complex XML that I want to be able to query using XPath and XQuery.

What is the general direction you are seeing these days to store and query lots of large complex XML?

/Roger