[ANN] BaseX 8.1: The Spring Edition

Dear all,

Our traditional spring edition has just been released! We are
delighted to present Version of BaseX 8.1, our XML database and XQuery
3.1 processor, which gives you the following new features:

 XQUERY
 - efficient Finger Tree algorithm for arrays
 - prof:variables() outputs list of currently bound variables
 - new higher-order functions: hof:scan-left, hof:take-while

 WEB APPLICATIONS
 - the Web Module offers convenience functions for building web apps
 - RESTXQ: %input annotation; input-specific content-type parameters

 OPTIONS
 - RESTPATH: specify server path for queries and command scripts
 - IGNORECERT: ignore untrusted certificates when connecting to servers

 COMMAND-LINE
 - Bind input strings to the query context with -I

You find the new release at http://basex.org.
We are looking forward to your feedback,

Christian
BaseX Team