RE: [xml-dev] RE: List of differences between XML and JSON?

Thanks a lot Ken. That makes good sense. So, "hasA" means containment/hierarchy/parent-child.

Okay, I'm confused. Walter says that JSON uses the "isA" view. Well, here is a valid JSON instance:

{
    "Book":
        {
            "Title": "Parsing Techniques",
            "Authors": [ "Dick Grune", "Ceriel J.H. Jacobs" ],
            "Date": "2007",
            "Publisher": "Springer"
        }
}

That JSON appears to me to express containment/hierarchy/parent-child. Surely it is expressing this:

	Book has a title "Parsing Techniques", with Authors Dick Grune
	and Ceriel J.H. Jacobs, date (of publication) 2007, and publisher
	Springer.

Isn't the JSON expressing a "hasA" view?

Walter, are you saying that the "hasA" view comes from something other than containment/hierarchy/parent-child?

/Roger