Re: [xml-dev] A design question for you please

First of all, your diagram has labels using "include" but your words say "import". Those are not the same things in XML Schema, so you had better clarify what you are thinking about.

Second, what are you really trying to accomplish here? You say you want to see a listing of schema file names and the associated schema contents, but why? A listing like that is likely to be very long and dense; how will that be useful? Maybe there's another way.

Third, should the output be in XML? Because if it is, you won't be able to simply copy in the various schemas as is. If not, what format should the results be in, and why?

Fourth, if several of the included schemas themselves include the same subsidiary schema, should that subsidiary one be listed in full against all of the calling schemas? That would be a lot of duplication. If not, where should it be listed?

TomP