XML to graph

I would like  to convert the XML snippet below to a multi-relational graph representation.
One way is to transform a triple store via RDF. Another which I am less familiar with is to transform to graphML followed by a subsequent import into some graph database tool.

The graphical representation is desirable for processing rather than visualization reasons. Chiefly I have a matching algorthim implemented in XSLT which works fine but doesn't scale well, a problem that I think can be solved with a graphical representation.

I am keen to hear from my elders and betters on the subject.

<movie title="20000 lieues sous les mers">
<actors>
<person name="Méliès, Georges"/>
</actors>
<alias>
<title title="20,000 Leagues Under the Sea " year="1907"/>
<title title="Amid the Workings of the Deep " year="1907"/>
<title title="Deux cent mille lieues sous les mers " year="1907"/>
<title title="Le cauchemar d'un pêcheur " year="1907"/>
<title title="Under the Seas " year="1907"/>
</alias>
<directors>
<person name="Méliès, Georges"/>
</directors>