Re: [xml-dev] Do long element names impact performance?

Which sentence?

First: debatable; depends upon "the distinction between reading and
evaluating" at least, but is tendentious at best.

Second: probably a fairy story, so false, but possibly a true anecdote,
however unlikely.

Third: assumes context not shown; as a counterexample, imagine a schema
of 65,535 separate element definitions, each with names 65,535
characters long, and an instance document containing 256 of each
element (plus content); replacing these names with somewhat shorter
ones might possibly have a measurable performance impact, hmmmm?

Fourth: author of this sentence should be introduced to Mister OOM, but
it is true that every string (and correspondingly, every character) in
memory is fundamentally an address, so shall we politifact that one as
true?