Re: [xml-dev] interpreting W3C C14N Rec.

On 2015-10-26 05:57, Steve Newcomb wrote:
[...]
 FYI: The reason I got into the XML canonicalization document is that
I was surprised to discover that Firefox dislikes carriage-returns and
linefeeds between attribute specs in start tags in HTML, at least in
that it can't trivially pre-discover certain info in certain <meta>
elements so represented.
The way to answer this for HTML documents is to look at the HTML 5 spec;
if it's not answered there, file a bug against HTML 5.1. If it is answered,
file a bug if browsers don't follow what it says.

For the XML syntax of HTML 5, the XML Rec (1.0 5e I think, but check the references in HTL 5) would be an appropriate reference.

Within attribute values themselves, of course, attribute value normalization applies when parsing XML.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C
XML Activity Lead;