First major release of Saxon/C version 1.0.0 now available: Supporting XSLT 2.0/3.0 on C/C++ and PHP

Dear All,

Following the successes of Saxon/C alpha and beta releases over the last 2 years we are pleased to say that we have released the first major release of Saxon/C version 1.0.0.
This release is only available under a Linux platform. The Windows release will follow later. We hope this will fill a longstanding gap in the market for XSLT 2.0/3.0 on C/C++ and PHP based platforms.

We are now offering the the commercial products in addition to the SaxonHE under Saxon/C: Namely Saxon-HE/C, Saxon-PE/C and Saxon-EE/C.

For those who are new to the party let me explain about Saxon/C. Saxon/C is a cross-compiled variant of Saxon from the Java platform to the C/C++ platform.
We have ported all the features of Saxon other than those like collations that are necessarily platform dependent. In particular it provides processing in XSLT, XQuery and XPath and Schema validation.
It therefore gives capabilities to other languages that are strongly coupled to C/C++ such as PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, node.js.

We have provided a PHP extension module for Saxon/C with the equivalent APIs as on C/C++.

This release has been uploaded to the Saxonica servers, which can be accessed from the following location: http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml

We have made major changes to the APIs to offer feature in support of the specifications XSLT 2.0/3.0, XQuery 1.0/3.0, XPath 2.0/3.0 and Schema Validation 1.0/1.1 from C/C++ or PHP applications.
Thank you to all the users of Saxon/C Beta version 0.3.1 who provided useful feedback as we have fixed several bugs in the new release.
It is a lot more stable and robust than previous releases therefore it has gained its major release status.

See release note :http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/release-notes.xml and documentation: http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/doc/html/index.html
PHP API: http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/doc/html/index.html#php-api

A note for open-source enthusiasts: the Saxon-HE/C version is open-source but requires proprietary software to build it.

Key changes:

Updated the Saxon processor to the Java Saxon 9.6.0.9 version.
Improved memory handling and internal code structure both in C++ and PHP
New APIS: Support for XPath 2.0/3.0 and Schema Validation 1.0/1.1
Added XDM Data Model API in support of the specs XPath, XQuery, XSLT and Schema Validation
Improved memory handling of XDM data model and internal code structure both in C++ and PHP
Fixed several bugs issues. See: https://saxonica.plan.io/projects/saxon-c/issues filter by Fixed in version= ‘1.0.0' and status = ‘Closed'

Also the Windows version will follow after. We hope to update the baseline of Saxon/C to 9.7 in due course (the code has not been forked).

kind regards,

O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ond1