I have to rewrite URI in many files :

* xsl
* schemas
* RNG/RNC grammars
* schematrons
* nvdl
* DTD
* etc...

I exactly know the protocol(s) of the URI I have to rewrite, so I can detect all URIs by a starting string
As I have to work on various file types, and as URI may be in known tags (xsl:import, sch:validate, ...) as in variables or anywhere else, I would like to process the files as text files.

I have 2 questions :

* files may use various encoding. Is there a pre-defined encoding
where URI are always correct ? Or should I check the file encoding
before reading it ?
* Is there a regex I can use to detect the end of the URI, knowing the
start of the URI ? Reading RFC3987 is not so easy...

Thanks in advance,
Christophe