Re: [xml-dev] Use DTDs!

On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 13:03 +1000, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> So i like named characters and Eliot does not like declarations. Both
> could be accomodated by building in the standard iso/w3c public
> entity sets into xml so declarations were needed.

Last time I checked those fell short by a long way of covering all of
Unicode, or even all the symbols.

Tim Bray once had a proposal to allow Unicode names, but, even more
than the ISO names, they favour English speakers, something that makes
me somewhat uncomfortable. Plus they would dramatically increase the
size of a minimal XML parser.

U+004C LATIN CAPITAL LETTER L
U+0069 LATIN SMALL LETTER I
U+0061 LATIN SMALL LETTER A