Re: [xml-dev] Docbook

Hi Joseph,

please reply to all recipients.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:36:45 +0100
meumapple <meumapple@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to write a docbook, but I have not been able to find (xslt)
> trasformations to get html/pdf outputs. I am looking for some "basic" yet
> moden layout similar to gitbook (html) or some stylesheet to print a book.
> Any suggestion? Thanks.

To render as PDF, you need to convert the DocBook/XML to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XSL_Formatting_Objects and then use a PDF
formatter such as https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/ . To convert to
HTML/XHTML you can use the built-in XSLT transformations (with some
customisations).

Some tools that can help you are my
http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/projects/docmake/ and the older
http://cyberelk.net/tim/software/xmlto/ . You can learn more about DocBook/XSL
from http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html and about DocBook in general
here: http://docbook.org/ .

My personal website contains some DocBook documents and you can study its
sources here - https://github.com/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage , but note that
its build system is complex.

Good luck and note that docbook has its own mailing lists.

-- Shlomi