Re: [xml-dev] Software lock in?

Shlomi and all, hello.

On 22 Mar 2017, at 14:11, Shlomi Fish wrote:

I don't see how this is particularly related to XML or developing using XML. It
seems offtopic here and there should be more appropriate forums to discuss it.
Or am I missing anything?
For what it's worth, I don't think this story is particularly related to XML; but then I don't think that xml-dev is particularly related to XML either.

I didn't think the John Deare story was obviously off-topic for this list.

I now know a large fraction of what I need to know about the technicalities of XML as such. I still read xml-dev because a good fraction of the people on it have spent a long time thinking carefully about structured information, and are willing to talk about that through the prism of XML. Thus 'xml-dev' is, for me, a list about structured information, not about XML.

(Which is to say: the pointy-bracket-thing has been the least interesting thing about XML for the last 20 years).

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray : https://nxg.me.uk