Re: [xml-dev] Implement data rules in application code?

> For example, that your travel-agency application does not handle red-haired people.

And in practice, many integrity constraints are actually guards to prevent "edge cases" reaching the application when the application can't handle them.

Typical example: every bank branch must have a postal address. Meaning: sorry, this application can't handle the travelling bank-in-a-bus that we introduced to serve remote rural communities. You're just going to have to give the bus a dummy address, or things won't work.

Michael Kay