Re: [xml-dev] Why you should not design JSON data models

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Ghislain Fourny <gfourny@inf.ethz.ch> wrote:

2. The fact that JSON is smaller/simpler/more lightweight than XML can be advocated reasonably and with objective criteria by, for example, comparing the size of their respective specifications (I mean here the syntax only, not the schema/data model/querying ecosystem around them).

The MicroXML spec is actually only about half as long as RFC 7159, for what that's worth.  MicroXML provides elements, attributes, mixed content, numeric and built-in named character references, and comments.  It does not have DTDs, CDATA sections, PIs,  attribute-value normalization, character encodings other than UTF-8, or namespaces.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
You annoy me, Rattray!  You disgust me! You irritate me unspeakably!