Re: [xml-dev] XML vs JSON

The real advantage of XML is when you can integrate the whole
toolchain into your processing: schema validators, XPath, XSLT, etc.
If you just want to pass a few name value pairs and lists back and
forth, sure, use JSON.  But as the documents become complex and you
need to query and transform them, XML is a lot faster and more
relaible to develop for.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org