Re: [xml-dev] Enumerating a set of values using the pattern facetversus the enumeration facet ... which is better?

In addition, the enumeration markup allows binding of annotations to each item, whereas the pattern can only take a single annotation for the entire pattern.

In general, I would prefer the enumeration here because it is more granular.

This is from  schema I maintain as part of the DITA for Publishers project:

        <xs:simpleType>
          <xs:restriction
            base="xs:NMTOKEN">
            <xs:enumeration