Re: [xml-dev] How efficient are XML parsers?

On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 12:07 +0000, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently read an article about Facebook dumping JSON due to
> inadequate performance of JSON parsers. See below. I wonder how XML
> parsers would stack up. Do you have numbers?

The fastest XML parsers are still much slower on the client than using
EXI, for the simple and obvious (sorry) reason that EXI sends a stream
of parse events, so the parsing was done on the server.

Facebook is exploring a number of different approaches right now,
including one done jointly with Mozilla, especially in the area of
improving JavaScript performance.

I'm still hoping that EXI for JS will be a player.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/