Re: [xml-dev] A better way to construct regular expressions in XMLSchemas?

On 20.11.2017 13:35, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> I have an XML Schema that needs some complex regular expressions. I have been using <!ENTITY> to construct the regexes. See below. I find it pretty hard to debug these regular expressions. Is there a better way to construct regexes?  /Roger

Alternative approach to this problem would be to construct grammar
instead of regular expression as it's easier to read and maintain. Then
you can compile grammar into XSLT parsing code that can be invoked from
Schematron.

I have demoed this approach during XML London 2017:
http://xmllondon.com/2017/xmllondon-2017-proceedings.pdf#page=56

			Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing