Von: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 6. Januar 2018 10:13
An: bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>
Cc: Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Betreff: Re: [xml-dev] Need a language whiz: An XML Schema "specifies" how
data is to be structured? "describes"? "constrains"?

> Theoretically, although I have never seen it with XSD and would
> probably think it was a weird use of the language, you could have
> multiple schemas for validating documents in the same namespace.

I have seen one client who was attempting to do this: essentially applying
stricter validation to "finished" documents than to "work in progress". It
proved quite difficult to manage the maintenance of different versions of
the same schema; I think this is something that would benefit from better
support in languages and tools.

Michael Kay
Saxonica