Re: [xml-dev] Schematron tip: Use only one pattern

On 22.12.2017 13:53, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> It's no wonder that validation was so slow.
>
> My fix was to get rid of 29 patterns and put all the rules into one pattern. After doing that validation ran much faster.

Alternative solution is to rewrite way how Schematron gets compiled into
XSLT. I have faced same issue and writing alternative compiler is on my
todo list.

However as Mike wrote -- first you have to measure what is the
bottleneck and whether there is a more generic fix.*

			Jirka

* Commercial info -- there will be talk related to improvement
performance of processing mostly identity stylesheets at XML Prague.

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing