Re: [xml-dev] Infinity

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
A question of no practical relevance for those on the list who are more mathematically inclined than I am.

From XSD 1.1 part 2 §3.3.13

(a) The ·value space· of integer is the infinite set {...,-2,-1,0,1,2,...}.

I think, Mike's been pondering over this issue, although he knows his software (Saxon) is right (and I do as well). Mathematicians and scientists some times have these doubts.

I think, when a processor like that for XSD 1.1 is made with java language (as in case of Mike I think), we use underlying implementations of java.lang.Integer, or the primitive "int" to implement respectively xs:integer.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi