[ANN] Sirix (Open Source) - a time machine for your data / efficientstorage of snapshots as well as navigation in time

After some years I'm pleased to announce a new version of Sirix. A lot
of work has gone into cleaning up internals / the APIs as well as
improving the performance of the core system.

Sirix is a storage system, which brings versioning (for instance a
novel sliding snapshot algorithm) to a sub-file granular level while
taking full advantage of flash based drives as for instance SSDs. As
such per revision as well as per page deltas are stored. Currently we
provide a low-level API to store key / value pairs as well as an XML
transaction-layer on top of it. JSON will be a first class citizen in
the future.

We provide user defined, typed, versioned index structures
(content-and-structure indexes, element-, attribute-, path-indexes) as
well as a path summary.

Optionally a node stores the number of descendants, a hash as well as
a DeweyID to provide a fast way to get the document order for
instance.

In stark contrast to other approaches we also provide axis which are
not related to XPath, as for instance a LevelOrder axis, a PostOrder
axis as well as a special descendant axis which is able to skip
subtrees/or delete whole subtress while navigating through the
structure.

A Brackit/XQuery binding introduces XPath axis extensions to navigate in time.

We currently provide transactions on a resource-base but intend to
provide multi-resource transactions soon. Furthermore a RESTful API
based on Vert.x and Kotlin is planned.

In the following days I plan to release a simple JAR to try our strage
and query-engine without the need to be a Java expert.

Have fun :-)

https://github.com/sirixdb/sirix