Re: [xml-dev] KML is very extensible ... but why?

>How many of those 6000 bespoke dmbs are because no-sql key value stores were not available, in the relationshipal monoculture that dbms vendors promote

In the case of HR systems at the Pentagon, I would think it's highly likely that many are pre-relational.

(I just got my monthly Fujitsu pension payslip in the post, and noticed that it's in the same format, on the same stationery apart from a change of logo, as the payslips that ICL was giving me in 1977. I bet that means it's basically the same software churning it out every month. And why not?)

Michael Kay
Saxonica