Re: [xml-dev] use of JSON instead of XML

Possible exception of the OP I don't know that anybody contributing to this discussion is seeking answers or for that matter asking questions.

What I see is commentary on a state of affairs.

Development teams thinking long and hard before making the choice? Pull the other one. If it were so the reasoning wouldn't be so choc full of fallacies.

Don't think anybody on the list is quibbling with the deployment of JSON for developing web apps or that there is a sweet spot for JSON. At the same time I for one am not holding my breath waiting for anyone to admit that their choice of JSON was a bad one even though those mistakes are being made. The same egos that promoted the fallacies will never admit to that.

I think the consistent message coming out of the discussion is the wrongheadedness of advocating a single format for everything.