Re: [xml-dev] Mutation testing on XML?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:

Have you done mutation testing on XML? If yes, would you describe how you did it, please?

​Yes.

In testing XML Schema and example XML when building tools [1] for S3Model [2].
In this white box testing, for me it is a relatively manual process even though I do use some Python unit testing as well Selenium for automated browser testing.
How? In short you break things to be sure your test cases and your schemas catch  the errors. This paper may be of some interest https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/1510064/