RE: [xml-dev] Comparing xml fragments

You should assume that the fragments will be re-ordered. As this is time-series data, each fragment should have either a beginning and ending time-stamp, and perhaps a duration. Fragment order can then be recreated as needed.

The OASIS WS-Calendar technical committee spent several years discussing this and related issues

For a fuller conversation on this, you may want to read the WS-Calendar Platform Independent Model

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/ws-calendar-pim/v1.0/ws-calendar-pim-v1.0.html

Depending on how the data repeats, and if you plan data compression, you may want to read WS-Calendar streams as well..

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/streams/v1.0/streams-v1.0.html

tc