Re: [xml-dev] Here's the regex for the xs:dateTime datatype

On 14 Aug 2018, at 21:44, Peter Flynn wrote:

On 14/08/18 17:39, Toby Considine wrote:

And as we wander down the road toward the one true solution, be sure
to consider the non-Gregorian issues that can be quite engrossing.

Indeed they can. In the CELT project, we have old Irish annals of
varying sorts, using Anno Mundi which sets year zero as 5199BCE.
...and of course Greenwich Mean Time (naval/astronomical, pre-1925), which looks just like everyone else's notion of the calendar, but which has the day number increment at noon.

Or the post-1920s Orthodox calendar, which looks like everyone else's calendar but which sneakily throws off the previous message's regexp for leap years by having a different rule from everyone else.

(this is fun -- I've got a whole book-ful of these, with conversion algorithms available for the seriously keen).

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray : https://nxg.me.uk