Re: [xml-dev] How to estimate the time needed to create an XML schema?

Whatever you come up with, multiply it by pi before submitting the estimate. A long-ago colleague advised me of that and it has worked well for me.

As for the base value, I think there are far too many variables to establish any kind of "industry standard". You are devising a serialized expression of semantics and how much thinking it takes to tease out the semantics of what you are working on is indeterminate. I can't guess what metrics you would use, either.