[ANN] docmake 0.0603 ; Choice of Docs Formats document updated ;The shlomif-docbook generation framework

Hi all!

This email announces three new updates:

1. https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/App-XML-DocBook-Builder/bin/docmake v.
0.0603 with support for generating xhtml5 and the new --trailing-slash=0 flag:

docmake is a tool to render DocBook/XML into its resultant formats using XSLT:
XHTML, XSL-FO, PDF, RTF, etc. For a brief help type docmake help .

It aims to be a replacement for xmlto -
http://cyberelk.net/tim/software/xmlto/ . As opposed to xmlto, it is written in
Perl, which is easier to get right than xmlto's Bash, and xmlto hasn't been
updated for a long time when I started work on docmake.

# To render input.xml file into XHTML
docmake -o output.xhtml xhtml input.xml

# Same with more verbose output
docmake -v -o output.xhtml xhtml input.xml

# Avoid trailing slash when emitting to a dummy file in a dir
docmake --trailing-slash=0 -o output/notneeded.xhtml xhtml5 input.xml

# Render into pdf
docmake -v -o output.pdf pdf input.xml

# Same while not rebuilding if not necessary
docmake -v --make -o output.pdf pdf input.xml

# Render using a Stylesheet
docmake -v -o output.xhtml -x my-stylesheets.xsl xhtml input.xml

-------------------------------------

2. The document
https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/web/choice-of-docs-formats/ was
recently updated and still recommends taking a look at DocBook 5/XML and
Asciidoc(tor).

It is available under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ .

3. I recently started extracting my homesite's GNU Make-based framework for
generating various formats out of DocBook 5 and it is available here for now:

https://github.com/shlomif/cookiecutter--shlomif-latemp-sites

it requires docmake, gnu make, some CPAN modules and may be too opinionated,
and documentation is somewhat scarce at the moment. Licence is
https://tldrlegal.com/license/mit-license .

Enjoy!